Many Webmasters, Bloggers (I think one and the same) hates “No Follow” term. and yes its obvious. Commenting on others blog, etc things can give you backlinks if they are “Do Follow”, but now a days most of the bloggers are using No Follow tag in there comment section (and even me too, My Blogs comments were do Follow, but now they are No Follow).
Google Blog , Officially stated that “We encourage webmasters to use No Follow tag in there comment section to avoid Comment spamming”. you can read more here.So Google bot will never count No Follow tagged links in terms of Pagerank Juice.
Yet another reason to use No Follow is “Bad Neighborhood“.
If we give Do Follow link to any Bad site such as Casin0,P0rn etc, will harm your Pagerank and overall quality of site in terms of Google. and if our commentator will use such link then this may be harmfull for our site ranking only ..
So i populate few reasons or you can say few things,
“Where to use NO FOLLOW and where to use DO FOLLOW ?” in our blog.
These conditions are also applicable in your normal posts.
Where to use Do Follow
1. Related content sites.
2. Blogs who shares Pagerank Juice with others
3. High quality blogs (In view of Google e.g. Official Google blogs, etc)
4. Your Friends
5. From where your copied the post (If you copy something)
Where to use No Follow
1. Unrelated content sites. (Not related to your post topic)
2. Sites who never share there Pagerank Juice with other (Like Wikipedia, Youtube)
3. Your Feedburner Feeds (Why your Feeds need high Pagerank ?)
4. Casin0, P0rn etc like sites.
5. Affiliate Links (Why give them double profit ?)
6. Bad Neighborhood (Its you, who decide who is bad and Whos Good)
I will frequently update this post, if i got more reasons .