But remember , After formatting your Nokia Handset your all data in the handset such as Phonebook, SMS, calender entries will be erased, so better to make there backup before formatting your handsets.
So there are three ways to format the Nokia handsets. use any one of them
- Switch Off your Nokia S60 Mobile handset.
- Now Press and Hold, these three key at once.
* Green dial key,
* Star key (*)
* Three key (3)
- Same time press the Power ON/OFF switch of your S60 Nokia handset. DO NOT Leave the Three buttons untill you see the Formatting on screen, or your mobile is switched ON Completely.
- Now your Nokia S60 Handset is Formatted and ready to use.
- Start your Nokia handset.
- Enter this code *#7370#
- Now, it will ask confirmation about the format, Select yes.
- And again your Nokia is Formatted.
- Download Nokia software updater which is used to update the Firmware of Nokia handsets (S60 and New Models)
- Just Follow the instruction given in the instruction booklet given with software and format your Nokia
- Actually this software is used to update the firmware, so even if you have latest firmware it will erase the previous firmware from your handset and will install the new version. so it will get formatted.
Use any one of about three methods, the last one is better but you must have internet connection to format your handset. Please remember : Formatting handset will erase all the data from your handset.