Website not opening !!, seems there server is crashed ..
Many times we came across such statements, there are possible few reasons why any website or server may crash.
Top and most possible reasons may be…
1. Digg/Slashdot – Got appearence on front page of Digg or SlashDot
2. Cable tripping – Someone who probably shouldn’t be walking around in a server room trips on a cable.
3. Coffee/Cola – Someone spills coffee or Jolt Cola on the web server, or, if things are really bad, beer.
4. Pure Enthusiasm – Your boss gets whiff of a new feature and says, “Just install it! What could possibly go wrong?”
5. DDoS attack – An angry, angst-ridden teenager launches a DDoS[Denial of service] attack on your website.
6. Web server upgrade – Your web host upgrades the web server. Nobody told you and now nothing works. This is strongly connected to point 4…
7. Police raid – It happened to The Pirate Bay/Demonoid etc…
8. Bandwidth – Your web hosting company decides you have consumed enough bandwidth this month and cuts you off.
9. Burnout – Your web server decides to spontaneously combust.
10. Blame it on the weather – The next big hurricane hits the US East Coast where your servers are.