BSNL – India’s number one Telecommunications Company. I am using UL750 plan of BSNL. UL750 means Unlimited plan with monthly rental of 750INR (taxes extra). It provides speed of 256kbps, which is good for normal surfing and small downloads.
I received many e-mails through the contact page about how to increase the speed of this UL750 plan. Even on Orkut many people ask me how to speed up the connection of BSNL.
Today i am not going to tell you any secret or something different here.I will give you few details about how BSNL or any ISP (Internet service provider) calculate the speed of there connections.
According to plan specifications of 750 UL plan, it is provided that the plan will provide bandwidth of 256kbps (note the small kbps).Means you will get the speed around 32KBps (now note the capital KBps).
If you are aware of storage conventions and about the TB,GB,KB,kb etc. Then you must ware of the table below.
Data conversion table :
Bite: 8 bits = 1 byte
Bytes: 1024 bytes = 1 KB
Kilobytes: 1024 KB = 1 MB
Megabytes: 1024 MB = 1 GB…….
The Fact :
So as BSNL is providing speed of 256kbps which is equivalent to 32KBps !! So if you are getting speed around 30-32KBps while downloading then you are getting best for what you are paying. If you want any such conversions in broadband plans just divide the number by eight. i.e. 256/8 = 32.
Speed is less than 30-32KBps ?? then read on ..
- Is your telephone line is ok ?? Check for any joints and if possible replace the wire with new single wire. Avoid joints.
- If your surfing speed is slow then try using Firefox web browser instead of Internet explorer and use OpenDNS.
- If you need any help related to torrents look at the following posts :
- Tricks to speed up uTorrent.
- How to choose best Torrent to download.
- Choosing the best torrent download site.
So i hope every thing is now clear…
But still if you have any problem or confusion let me know.