A WordPress plugin
Page navigation menu
- What this plugin will do ?
- Download this plug in.
- How to create Smooth scrolling links in your blog ?
- Known problems
Now a days many themes have “Go to top” like links in there footer, these links play important role if your posts are too long. Your blog readers can directly go to header section of your blog with out scrolling with just single click. Many premium themes use special scrolling effect for this purpose. Now even you can get this scrolling effect in your blog, no need to recode the themes or edit the themes. Just install this “Smooth Scrolling links” [SSL] plug in in your WordPress and get instant footer scrolling link in your blog with special scrolling effect.
This page itself is the DEMO for this plug-in use.
What this plug in will do ?
- Add a footer link “Back to top” which will bring visitors to top area of your blog.
- Add special Smooth scrolling effect to such links
- You can add your own smooth scrolling links in your page
Download Smooth scroll Plug in
- Upload the entire content of plugin archive to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory, so that everything will remain in a /wp-content/plugins/smoothscroll/ folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings and then Smooth Scroll Links [SSL] to configure and enable the effect.
- Enjoy the UP and DOWN.
How to create Smooth scrolling links in your blog ?
WordPress themes supports special Divisions in themes like Footer, Header, I am using all these “div”s to implement this plug in. You can create your own links and places on your sites where the link navigation will stop.
So here is how.
Whenever you write a long post you can add special navigation links in same post. Same as this page.This page itself is using smooth scrolling links effect for navigation using implementation of below codes. you can go to Top to check the Navigation menu.
Add this code place where you want the navigation should stop
<a name="MYLOCATION">My Location</a>
And add this code where you want a link to specific area of your post.
<a href="#MYLOCATION" title="Go to MYLOCATION" target="_self">Go to My Location</a>
So now where ever some one clicked the Go to My Location link [CODE2], he will be scrolled to the place where you put the [CODE1]
- PROBLEM : Even after enabling footer links, there is nothing in Footer
- SOLUTION : Actually your theme doesn’t have
<?php wp_footer(); ?>in footer, so please edit the footer of your theme and insert that code. To edit the theme go to Design >> Theme Editor >> Select “Footer.php” from right hand list >> and paste
<?php wp_footer(); ?>just before the ‘< /body >‘ tag or Place it where you want to display your link.
If you think that this plugin is great and helped you in your work, you can donate some amount to me using the button below
No power donor yet !!.
How to become power donor ? Contact me for answer.
Currently comments are closed due to huge number of spam.
If you have any problem directly contact me